Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beginner Sewing Supplies

If you are a beginner, you will need a few things to get started. Needles, thread, scissors, seam ripper, pins, etc.
Yesterday I went to Ikea for fabric. They have lots of 100% cotton fabrics, meant for curtains, tablecloths, and recovering things most likely, but I love their bold designs and colors, so I buy it for other things as well.

While I was waiting for help (you cannot cut it yourself, on of the few full-serve things at the self-serve retailer) I browsed about and found that they carry little four packs of 100% cotton thread for $2.99. Each spool has 300 meter, roughly 328 yards. They had two color combos, so I grabbed them.



They also carry a sewing kit. It comes in a hard plastic box with a clear lid and has all you need to get you started. $6.99.



The scissors are heavy and sharp. I was very surprised as I had only bought the cheap three pack they sell in the kitchen section before.

No comments: